How is mobile app testing and web testing different?
The more we are going digital humans are more hellbent in developing new ways to minimize efforts and converting everything online whilst making it user-friendly. In the precedent world of web applications, web testing was winning the game and onboarding with every business. With the changing consumer mindset and technological advancement mobile phones have changed the scene. Now, people are more comfortable with mobile applications as it is more convenient and easier to operate. If we discuss about the methodologies used for web application testing and on the other hand, mobile app testing or we can say android app testing is entirely different from the approach followed for web app testing.
Let’s stroll down with this blog and unlock the actual points that makes a difference between mobile app testing and web app testing:-
Quality engineers may encounter different challenges with respect to web app testing and mobile app testing respectively. If we observe close enough, for web application testing, handling multiple browsers, foreign services can be the problems which generally arise. And in case of mobile app testing the issues might be more complex such as screen size, sensor issues, screen resolution and different versions of OS.
Below are the important points where both the app testing differs from each other:-
Connection and Connectivity
Web Application can only work online, you do require a strong connection to get that running on your device. Web applications might find difficulties in opening in small devices that don’t support web platforms. If there are profiles made over web applications, every time you visit you require login or some other action to open a web application.
Mobile Application on the other hand, does not require internet connection every time. Once you install the applications in your device you can operate them anytime. Generally, any android app testing can be done on any mobile with a good internet connection.
Mobile App Testing
- It is always important to check app compatibility on a real device instead of checking it on simulators.
- Always ensure to perform security checks before performing it in real devices to avoid security breach and cyber-attacks.
- More user-friendliness of the mobile app will increase the chances of brand experience.
- Always perform load testing operations multiple times prior to localizing it for users. The performance should not lag with a large number of users operating it at one time.
- There are several user testing sites available which provide automation testing for mobile application testing that ensures overall efficiency and quality of mobile application.
Web App Testing
- To make web applications browser independent,web app testing should perform cross-browser compatibility tests.
- To check the readiness, it should follow cloud-based automation testing, which will ensure the performance of the web app.
- Don’t invest much on building in-house testing space, use real devices that use cloud-based testing to perform multiple tests at a time.
- Cloud-based testing offers web app testing on different devices such as: iOS, Android and web applications.
- To avoid 404 errors your web app should be broken link proof, if a similar thing happened it may cause lack of user-experience.
- To streamline the business flow and database connectivity, functionality test is a must in all the aspects that enhance the usability and delivers a great user-experience.
In this highly competitive technological world, most enterprises prefer outsourcing their app testing chores to deemed user testing sites. The entire decision results expedite the process and assist the service provider in delivering the best in the class web and mobile application to use. It is of paramount importance to give the same level of priority to both mobile and web app testing in order to hold the best place in the global marketplace.
No technique used for inspection can clear the difference between mobile and web application, as it can be figured out by having a personal experience by the experts. Quality engineers are the ones who always make it simpler for us to get the best thing possible by using their expert strategies and tactics.
By any chance if you are looking for the best among the best software testing companies to contribute expertise that help you through the projects, we’ll be happy to be that helping hand.